What I love most about building a home theatre is the massively upgraded viewing screen. Although a projector can impressively fill the gap, you won’t find it best to meet all the requirements.
But here are gathered around to discuss whether a TV can be used as a theater projector or not?
Nothing is preventing you from watching anything you like TV on a home theater projector. Considering practically the entirety of your watching will be finished utilizing digital devices including satellite box, games console, streaming box, these can be handily associated with a projector.
Despite the fact that a home theater projector won’t suit all situations yet you will find it one of the affordable sources to give your home a theatre look. Here we will be sharing how projectors are being used, also benefits of using a projector and how a projector wins over TV. Let’s dive into it!
HOW TO SET UP A HOME THEATER PROJECTOR?
If you can perform the entire wiring process, the rest becomes a cup of tea. Substituting your projector for TV would only require a few steps that anyone can accomplish without hiring a professional technician. As all, it requires input/output connections.
Below we have mentioned devices that one should have at the time of connection.
- Satellite receiver box or cable box
- Games console
- DV/Blu-Ray player
- Streaming box (Android box or Apple TV)
Receiving direct signals from TV won’t let you watch live streaming on the projector. Some advanced TV integrates built-in satellite receivers, which means that you don’t need a cable subscription. Connecting your TV to the projector is the only way to stream on a projector screen.
WHAT TYPE OF PROJECTOR ONE SHOULD USE FOR HOME THEATER?
Choosing the right kind of projector is another essential factor to consider. There are three main types of projector available: LED, LCD, and DLP. These all have their benefits and drawbacks and will have an impact on your buying decision. Also, please read my article on LED projectors vs. LED TV.
TYPE OF PROJECTOR A HOME THEATER
Picking the right sort of projector is another significant factor to consider. There are three primary types of projector accessible: LED, LCD, and DLP having their advantages and downsides and will affect your purchasing choice.
- DLP or digital light processing is the one that uses light. The standard life expectancy of a DLP light is somewhere in the range of 2000 and 5000 hours, so you may end up supplanting this frequently in case you’re utilizing it routinely.
- Be that as it may, DLP projectors are faster to react than their contemporary models and produce highly sharp pictures. This improves fit to more bright rooms.
- LCD or liquid crystal display is a widely used technology that has reduced the slimness of TVs. Although we have some advanced options, the LCD is still valid today.
- While they require little upkeep as far as moving parts, LCD projectors need their channels cleaned consistently and have lower contrast proportions than different kinds.
- LED or light-emitting diodes are considered a standard invention. The life expectancy of the LEDs is stunning and ought to hypothetically never give out. LED compared to LCD is more compact and is good to go with small places.
- Being the dimmest LED projectors are suitable for the haziest rooms. If you choose to pick an LED projector, you should first invest in blackout curtains.
MOUNTING A PROJECTOR FOR HOME THEATER!
Mounting a projector will be the most critical job here as it significantly impacts your overall home theater look. Hence it should be done perfectly. However, it has a few types we have discussed below.
Ceiling Mounted Projector
Mounting on the ceiling can give your projector a pretty distinct and clean look that eliminates messy wireless. This means that you don’t have to focus on wires going through floors.
Tabletop is another easily moveable type, and you can say a hassle-free portable mounting. Being the most light-weighted, you can quickly move it outside the garden.
Watching TV on a projector is somehow possible with a few steps you can forward to acquire a proper home theatre. It’s effortless to interface a device to a projector, and these are truly simple to set up as well. Nonetheless, projectors don’t cover all circumstances, and in case you’re utilizing a little room, you’ll likely be better off staying with a TV.